The Art Site

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

university

dry aching surrounds my eye balls
too much light and these hours fall
tension of what will be so soon
work that will not be completed

if I explored my artificial world
money, money, money
me, a student here
gray matter grasping concepts
and paying to learn

I strongly believe
that I am poor, a poor student
and can never remember that
because I live here I am rich
how else could I learn
these pointless concepts

delusion.
we somehow think
it is better to be force-fed
these formulas, ideas, stories
than to live and read from others
to write and
there are more ways to learn to think
than learning
like wounds self inflicted
always embedded now
can we learn to think
beyond the perimeters of what we have payed for?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Michele said...

I hope you have learnt to think both with and without the assistance the the Establishment. With your Bible securely in one hand you are free from the constraints of the permanently PC afflicted masses and may take as broad a view as you like.

7:07 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gabrielle Stuart likes this.

3:16 pm  
Blogger Lydie said...

tell me why?

2:05 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

site by equipbiz