The Art Site

Sunday, September 19, 2010

blood

happiness is blood
coursing
splitting off into
every artery
and
every vein.

Infiltrating the body
seeping
from any source
my wistful mind
and scanning eyes
can cipher.

And what I find
this, my happiness
my body
always full
compounding emotion
over-fills
happiness turned physical,
rippling.

It throbs
lungs, temporarily frozen
the throat
seeming to close
as
ideas thickly come.

Fullness of joy
remembers
parts of the mind
not used
perform death duty
to suffocate elation
in
realisation of intolerable truth.

And the mind reels
happiness ebbing
faster than it came
overtaking shadows
of
the reality of life
reminder
that life is not ideal.

Strange
the mind still
disobedient to what is real
desiring, never satisfied
incapable of
being satiated
with
'life is not ideal'
loving
what brings
most stinging pain.

- Lydie

3 Comments:

Blogger Cinnamey said...

Wow, I like! Muchly.

10:14 pm  
Blogger FR said...

Always a pleasure visiting here, Lydie:)

You can visit me next time without a big let down. I'm no longer MIA.

9:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is awesome Lyds!! I love it :)

2:05 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

site by equipbiz