The Art Site

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Blossom

Here's a poem my brother Andy wrote - thought it was so good more people should read it :)

Blossom


half-past midnight; it's dark out here,
blossom petals floating through the air -
defy gravity, time and space;
the warm breeze blowing against your face

dewy grass, my jandals slippery,
holding hands, we walk very quickly.
stars come out in a cloudy sky,
the moon is shining for you and I

forever young I want to be,
walking forever; just you and me.
we need no sleep, we'll talk all night,
thinking out loud til' the sun is bright

we speak of doubt; uncertainty,
and if what's happening is meant to be
we can talk our problems away -
and everything's gonna be ok.

you've got to go, i understand,
things never happen the way we'd planned
lifting my head I see again,
blossom petals floating down like rain

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

thanks Lyd, glad you like it.

12:28 am  
Blogger Lydie said...

It nearly made me COL (cry out loud)

10:17 am  
Blogger A-R said...

I think that is awfully sweet... =)

7:14 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

site by equipbiz